Tournament Conditions & Guidelines
- The tournament will be conducted under the rules of tennis and the code of conduct approved by Tennis Australia. The committee shall have the entire management of the Tournament and make alterations it considers necessary.
- Entry fees must accompany your entry. Refunds may not be given for withdrawals after draws have been completed.
- A timetable will be used for most of the tournament. Players who do not report at the required time will be scratched. Players must be available at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
A timetable will be available on our web site by mid-morning on the day prior to the start.
- Regulation tennis attire must be worn. Ripple sole shoes are not acceptable on the grass courts.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to re-grade a player at any time, or to vary the length of matches to fit the schedule, or to cancel or make alterations where events have insufficient entries.
- Previous year's winners are expected to enter a higher grade.
- Open Singles (Elimination): to be the best of 3 sets (match tie-break prior to semi-finals). There may be a cap on entries. Standard would be approximately equivalent to Melbourne pennant 3 and above, with the lower levels dropping back if the cap is reached. Some wild-card places will be reserved.
Grade and Junior Singles (Elimination): 8 game set depending on entry numbers; six game set for the 10 age group.
Doubles (Round-robin): 8 game set.
Mixed doubles (Elimination): 8 game set.
Inter-generation twilight doubles (Round-robin): Doubles pairs have one junior player (under 17) pairing with an older player. Pairs will be graded and may consist of mixed or same gender. Game format to be advised.
EVENT LIMITS & RESTRICTIONS
ALL PLAYERS: The following limitations apply
- You may enter a maximum of one singles, one doubles and one mixed doubles.
In addition, you may also enter the Inter-generation twilight doubles.
- Open and A grade standard players may not enter Veterans events.
- SINGLES: played on Day 1. Open singles will also be played on Days 2 & 3. There may be a cap on the Open singles entries.
DOUBLES: Will be played on Day 2.
MIXED DOUBLES: Will start on Day 2 and finish on Day 3.
INTER-GENERATION DOUBLES: will be a twilight event on Day 2.
- Juniors: Age is taken at the 31st January. Veterans: Must be 45 as of the 31st January.
- No alterations after 10am of the Monday prior to the tournament. Contact number for late enquiries: 04 0191 6667.
- Please let us know as early as possible of any withdrawals, entry anomalies or timetable issues.
- A list of entries received will be published on the web site from early January